Super Easy Tortilla Soup
A few years ago, my mom told me about an amazing new recipe she had tried. She said I just HAD to try it! Tortilla soup? I’d never heard of it before!
What in the world is tortilla soup? A soup made with tortillas? Not quite…
To say this soup is easy to make would be the ultimate understatement! There’s only 4 main ingredients used to make it!
As easy as Tortilla Soup is to make, I’ve had to call my mom SO many times because I just couldn’t remember EXACTLY what went into it. I finally wrote it down, and now I’m sharing it with you.
Three years passed from the time I had last made Tortilla Soup, and right before I was going to call my mom, AGAIN, I found where I wrote it down. I knew I had to get it on the meal plan for this week! Oh, Tortilla Soup, how I have missed thee!
- 2 whole roasted chickens, shredded (or 4- 12.5oz cans chunk chicken breast, drained)
- 2- 10.5oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 2- 10oz cans diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 2- 14.5oz cans chicken broth
- Tortilla chips and shredded cheese as desired
- In a large saucepan, mix the chicken, cream of chicken soup, diced tomatoes and green chiles, and chicken broth.
- Cook over medium heat for approx. 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Place tortilla chips in the bottom of bowls, then ladle soup over them.
- Garnish with shredded cheese if desired.
Seriously, could it get any easier? Enjoy! Try not to eat it all!
- If you don’t want this soup to taste spicy, use only one can of diced tomatoes and green chiles, and one can of plain diced tomatoes.
- Instead of plain tortilla chips, use Nacho Cheese Doritos for a yummy, different flavor.
Have a question? Did you try this? Drop a comment below and tell me what you think!