Swiss Chicken Bake
Holy moly! I’ve got another super easy, delicious supper recipe for you! Swiss Chicken is one of our new favorite chicken dishes! It’s super easy, simple with only a few, and absolutely DELICIOUS! It is a budget friendly dish, and with few steps and ingredients, a perfect dinner on a busy night. There’s no crazy ingredients you would need to buy and have left over because the recipe didn’t use it all.
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
12 slices swiss cheese (pepperjack works well, too)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 c milk
Chicken flavored stuffing mix
1/2 c butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish, in a single layer.
- Layer cheese slices on top of the chicken. I overlap it a little to get them to fit.
- In a bowl, mix the cream of chicken soup with the milk, then pour it over the cheese.
- Sprinkle the entire box of stuffing mix, dry, over the top of the soup mixture.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the stuffing, slightly hydrating it.
- Bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes.
Slow Cooker Directions
This can be made in a slow cooker, though for this amount, we have to use 2 and put half the ingredients in each one. To use a slow cooker, follow the directions above for how to layer it in the crock, then cover with the lid and cook 3-4 hours on high, or 6-8 on high.
Serve by placing one piece of chicken, along with its toppings, on a plate. Side options are endless! Some of our favorites are Simple Macaroni and Cheese, Sweet Potatoes, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Parmesan Garlic Asparagus, and Parmesan Garlic Brussels Sprouts. Paired with mashed potatoes and gravy, and balsamic vinegar roasted Brussels sprouts, this is utter perfection!
Have a question? Did you try this? Drop a comment below and tell me what you think!